Wednesday 2 May 2007

Day Three

I started today working on circuits, proper ones with crocodile clips and voltage etc. I soldered my own resistors on, and tested the amount of resistance they offered, both alone, and together in the same circuit. Naturally I recorded the results.


Resistors are actually a much more complicated subject than you might think - they're colour coded, and require a certain amount of calculation to find out how much resistance to a current they will give. As well as using maths to calculate resistance, one can also use the more hands-on approach, which requires some apparatus, and a formula or two. Basically you hook up a current with resistors to a voltmeter and an ammeter, thus allowing you to measure the voltage and current present, and also, with the help of a formula, the resistance to the current.


This is most of the apparatus used, including meters, power Supply, circuits, etc.






After that I got to watching an operating system being installed, and I happen to be typing on the very computer where it was installed. So obviously it went grand.

That's the P.C. with the system installed.