Thursday 3 May 2007

Day Four

Today was mostly spent on snap circuits. Some of the them were quite complicated, as you can see. Among the electrical contraptions I made were buzzers, lights, various noises and detectors, all triggered by an unlikely mechanism- water, touch, light, darkness, sound, even blowing at them. Construction was the hard part of course. Though the diagrams were simple enough to understand, it felt a bit like jenga, stacking pieces on top of each other. In the end, the projects look like miniature cities.
Later I looked at a piece of software concerning space launches. It contained a wealth of information about everything from the storage of liquid hydrogen, to a description of the power supply in Russian vessels.



This is one of the complicated circuits I made. It converts light, from a photo resistor, into noise.




This circuit includes a fan. With the introduction of a variable resistor, I can make it go a different speeds. With a slight change in construction, I can make it suck in, or blow out air. To the left is the fan stationary, and below that, is the fan at full speed.

To the left is the space simulator. You can see my carefully constructed craft, the I.S.C. Argo. The whole thing certainly gave me a lot more knowledge about spacecraft.