Friday 13 March 2009

Day 4, Work Experience

Again this morning working on the blog. The computer lab has nearly become my second home. This morning John and I worked on some computers for a new print server for the physics computer rooms. John added extra memory to the new PC as i looked on. John explained all about the inside of the computer and the importance of the different parts. We met up with Eamonn for a quick break.



We headed back to the office where we worked on the computer and a new laptop for one of the postgraduates. Maria called and gave a radio for her office which she asked me to make and assemble. I worked on the project until lunch. For lunch John took me to the sports bar by the swimming pool which was great as I had never seen that part of the Campus before.



After lunch, Maria took me across the living bridge over to the Health Science buildings to see all the "super" labs they had. It was quite interesting and they have rats there for students to work on. Maria didnt really like them so we moved on in our tour to see the other rooms that they have in the complex.



I then met with Eamonn and joined one of his 1st year labs to do some experiments. I did one of the Leaving Cert experiments which was all about light. This is an interesting experiment and one I had not done before. We took the results from the test and make a graph.



I headed home at 4.00 as i did everyday and looked forward to coming back tomorrow.....