Tuesday 10 March 2009

Day 2 Work Experience

I started off my day today a little differently. I didnt get lost!!! I arrived this morning at around 8.20, ya i know early!I was given access to the computer room alongside john's office. I worked on the blog and started a physics trivia. The is a new experience for me so that was interesting.Trying to type as fast as the thoughts were coming into my head. At around 9.00 John ventured in and from then until tea break(very important) I worked on a small robot project soldering in all the components which is a carry on from yesterday afternoon.

After a break and a bite to eat I got to meet the old veterans,the postgraduates. They showed me around their little HQ. The amount of equipment they have is amazing. They all have there own specialities and projects they are working on. I then went to lunch. After lunch I headed back to the postgrads office where i met Immanuel. He showed me his wind turbine project which was very interesting. We also got a call from another postgrad who is working on a ROV(remotely operated vehicle) to look at the sea floor. Once I was finished with Immanuel, Kate another postgrad showed me her project using a high powered laser to look at the skin. She said this could be used to check if a person had skin cancer but it needed more research first.


After seing all the different projects I headed back to John where we went for a well deserved break with Eamonn down at the local restaurant. A great way to finish the day.
Tomorrow????????